Wife
家後

詞: 鄭進一, 陳維祥, 曲: 鄭進一
台語文: 馮昭卿, Engbuun: Zhoax Zong'ioong

U cidjit, larn na lau, zhoe bølaang ka larn iwhaux,
One day when we are old, No one to pay respect to us,
有一日,  咱 若 老,  尋   無人  給 咱  有孝, 

Goar oe poee lie, ze tiaxm ytiaau. 
I will accompany you, sitting on the bench
我   會 陪  你, 坐 在  椅條.

Thviaf lie korng koeakhix lie si goaxgaau.
Heard that as a young man how great you were.
聽    你  講    過去   你是 偌賢.

Ciaqhør-ciaqbae bøo keakaux.
Eat well - eat poor [good life bad life] no complaining.
食 好   食 惡  無   計較.

Oarnthvy-oarntoe ma boexhiao.
Angry at the sky - angry at the earth, I would not.
怨 天    怨 地  也  未 曉 (不會).

Lie ee chiuo, goar oe ka lie khafn tiautiaau.
Your hand, I hold on to it tight.
你 的  手 , 我  會 把你  牽  (緊緊).

In’ui goar si lie ee ke’au.
Because I am your wife.
因為 我 是 你的 家後. 

Gurn ciofng zhengzhwn kex ti lirn-taw,
I since our youth were married to your family.
阮    將    青春     嫁 在 恁兜,


Gurn tuy siaolieen toex lie toeakaq lau.
I from youth follow you till (we’re) old.
阮   從  少年    隨  你 隨甲   老.

Jinzeeng-seasu ma ykefng khvoax-thaothaux.
Life, I have seen it all.
人情    世事 也 已經    看    透 透.

U sviaflaang pie lie khaq tioxng’iaux?
No one compares with you more importantly
[No one is more important than you]
有 什麼   人  比 你  較   重要?

Gurn ciofng itsefng hiexn ho lirn-taw,
I give my whole life to your family,
阮    將  一生   獻   給 恁 兜,.

Ciaq zay hexnghog si zhafzhar-nauxnau.
Then to know happiness is noisy and bothersome. [Happiness is messy]
才   知  幸福   是 吵吵    鬧鬧.

Tafnthai tngr`khix ee sizun na kaux, goar oe niu lie sengzao.
Waiting for return time [ pass away or die ] to arrive, I yield to you to go first.
等待    返 去   的 時陣 若 到,  我   會 讓 你  先走.

In’ui goar oe mxkafm paxng lie ui goar bagsae laau.
Because I do not have the heart to leave you, crying for me [pass away].
因為 我  會  不甘   放   你 為 我  目屎  流.

U cidjit, larn na lau, bøo simpu kviafjii iwhaux,
One day when we are old, Neither daughter-in-law, nor childrens to pay respect to us
有一日, 咱 若 老,  沒有 媳婦 和 孩子 孝順我們.

Lie na bøliaau, theh larn ee siorngphvix
If you are bored, take our pictures.
你 如果無聊,  看看我們的相片.


Khvoax khaq zar kiet’hwn sizun lie goaxientaau.
Looking back as a young man you were very handsome
看     以  前 年  輕   時 你 有多英俊.

Zhexnghør-zhexngbae, bøo keakaux. 
Wear good wear bad [good life bad life] no complaining
穿     好   穿  爛 都  不 計 較.

Koaetafng-koaesay ma boexhiao. 
Complain east complain west (complain about everything), I wouldn't.
也 不會 怪東 怪西.

Lie ee sym, goar efnggoarn kix tiautiaau. 
Your heart, I hold on to it tight forever.
你的心,    我永遠都會記牢的.

In’ui goar si lie ee ke’au.
Because I am your wife.
因為 我是你 的 家後 (太太).

Gurn ciofng zhengzhwn kex ti lirn-taw,
I since youth was married to your family
阮    將    青春     嫁 在 恁兜,

Gurn tuy siaolieen, toex lie toeakaq lau.
I from youth follow you till (we’re) old
我    從   年輕   和  你   到   老.

Jinzeeng-seasu ma ykefng khvoax-thaothaux. 
Life, I have seen it all.
人情    世事 也 已經    看    透 透.

U sviar laang pie lie khaq tioxng’iaux
No one is more important than you
[No one compares with you more importantly]
有 什麼   人  比 你  較   重要?


Gurn ciofng itsefng hiexn ho lirn-taw,
I give my life to your family,
阮    將  一生   獻   給 恁 兜,

Ciaq zay hexnghog si zhafzhar-nauxnau.
Then to know happiness is noisy and bothersome.
才   知  幸福   是 吵吵    鬧鬧.

Tafnthai tngr`khix ee sizun na kaux, lie tiøh niu goar sengzao.
Waiting for return time [pass away; die ] to arrive, let me go first
等待    返 去   的 時陣 若 到,  你’讓我  先走.

In’ui goar oe mxkafm khvoax lie, ui goar bagsae laau. 
Because I do not have the heart to see you, crying for me [passs away].
因為 我  會  不甘  看  你 為 我  目屎  流.