MLTTS Installation Instruction
Modern Literal Taiwanese Reading and Writing System
MLTTS is a powerful text-to-speech software for learning Modern Literal
Taiwanese (i.e. Modern Taiwanese Language) on MS-Windows such as
WindowsXP, and Windows 7.
It is a product of
Vikon Corporation. Not only can it translate Modern Taiwanese Language
into Harnji (with Big5 coding) and vice versa, but also includes
a powerful browser to surf the Internet with Taiwanese audio output.
In addtion, the dictionary includes English translation.
For those who do not have
Big5 encoding environment, or don't understand
Chinese, the installation could be a challenge. This installation
instruction is written to help people who are in such situation.
- Insert the installation CD
- Click on setup
- Click on the left button (indicated with ?? without Big5 SW) of
the popup dialog box.
(it supposed to say: "Continue" in Harnji.)
- Click on right hand side button indicated with
????(C) for changing installation path.(half way of the dialog window)
- Enter "C:\mltts" (or D:\mltts) and hit "enter"
- Click on "Yes" button to confirm, if a dialog box pops up.
- Click on "big icon with monitor and computer".
(if you click on the lower button (indicated with ?? without Big5 SW) in
this dialog box, it will exit.)
- Click on lower button indicated with ??(C) without Big5 SW.
The top line should say "TITES Multimedia".
- Once you see "OK" button, press on the button and
Part I installation is done.
- Copy all the files under the CD's mltts directory into C:\mltts
- You are done with the installation.
- Invoke MLTTS by selecting Start -> Program -> TITES -> MLTTS
(leave CD in the CD drive, if you choose method A)
- Click on the the cow wagon.
- Move the cursor to 'Zexguchiaf' (in th top input window) and
click on left button of the mouse for audio.
- If you want to hear a word that is not in the top
input window, you may enter that word and repeat
the above step.
Note: You need to know how to spell a particular word
to get the English and Harnji translation. Because of the
the dictionary size (about 14,000 words) limitation, you may
not be able to hear or get the translation as you wish. BTW, the following
page may help you to spell a word:
organized with different translations (both English and Harji).
- MLTTS also has the capability to save your input and output.
To save your input, click on the 3rd icon showing a hand is
writing on a document. To save the output (translated in Harnji),
click on the 5th icon which is similar to the 3rd icon except
there is a Harnji written in red (it stands for 'middle').
To translate the MTL that you inserted in the top input window,
you need to highlight all the words then click on the icon which
indicated "translate" in Harnji on the left of the "Exit" icon.
You may also translate Harnji (big5 coding) to MTL. You need
to highlight all Harnji then press the icon next to big "T" icon.
- MLTTS also came with an Internet browser with audio capability.
To bring up the browser, click on the global-icon on the top left hand side corner of
MLTTS window. You may
select this page,
highligh the words and click on browser's speaker icon. Of course,
you may use it on other web sites written in Modern Taiwanese Language.
Note: Due to limited resources, not all the words are in
the dictionary. Therefore, you may not hear some voice when you click on
the 'speaker' icon.
Many thanks to Tony Chang who
provides such a nice SW to
Taiwanese School for education purpose.
If there is any errors, comments, suggestions, please feel
free to send email to